REPRESENTATION BEFORE TURKISH PATENT INSTITUTE
REPRESENTATION BEFORE TURKISH PATENT INSTITUTE/FOREIGN APPLICANTSReal persons, legal entities or authorized representatives registered to the Turkish Patent and Trademark Office registry can have the competence to proceed before the Office. Legal entities should be represented by persons authorised by competent bodies. Applicants with neither residence nor principal place of business in Turkey must appoint an authorised professional representative according to the national law.
BASIC RULES FOR REPRESENTATION
All procedural acts should be performed by the authorized representative in the case a representative is appointed. All the notices submitted to the representative shall be deemed to be submitted to the represented person as usual.
REPRESENTATION AND NON-COMPLIANCE WITH THE BASIC RULES OF REPRESENTATION
The Office disregards a request from the representative if the representative of the applicant that has a residence or place of business abroad is not registered to the patent registry, if his/her registration is not anymore valid, if the applicant dismisses the authorized representative or if the represenative withdraws from representation. In these cases, a two-month period is given to the applicant to appoint a new represenative.
Stan Advoka provides the following services before the Office:
- Filing of applications (Utility Models and Patents)
- National phase entries of regional systems
- Representation before the TPTO and prosecution of the application
- Requesting search and examination
- Preparation of responses to office actions (Search, Examination, Appeal etc.) and 3rd party observations procedures
- Post-grant procedures
- Administrative procedures (Record of change, licence registration, etc.) Filing of 3rd party observations for applications after publication of search report
- Filing post-grant oppositions as defined as of 10/01/2017 under the new Industrial Property Law 6769
- Payment of annual fees
Please contact us for any questions or inquiries.